After purchase please sign up to recieve schedule alerts as outlined HERE to book your island ride. To be guaranteed a spot on the boat, reservation must be made once the schedule has been posted. Contact us if you have any questions.
Description: Day trip to Kite Island. Try any gear we have available for demo .
- To ride beautiful flat, shallow water spot for a day.
- To help make a decision about gear purchase.
Guaranteed Time: 2 hours. Note: All our services are full day activities (usually over 5 hours and sometimes as much as 8 hours) - we start when the wind starts in the morning or early afternoon and we finish when the wind ends or the sun starts setting. If we are not able to complete guaranteed time as listed above due to weather conditions, we will issue credit for the difference.
Wind requirement: >12 knots
- You must be a self sufficient kiteboarder. You must be be able to stay upwind when conditions allow.
- Transportation to Kite Island
- All day kiteboarding as long as the wind blows
- Rescues and help in case of emergencies
- Try available demo gear
- Instructors will be available for emergencies only
- Gear rental (choice of kite - $90, board - $30, and harness - $20).
What to bring:
- Your gear
- Booties (surf/windsurf/kite style preferred over hard sole scuba style - but either is fine)
- Lunch and plenty of water
- April, May, October: Full wetsuit (in April, May and October at least a 4/3 mm thick wetsuit may be needed); hood and gloves are recommended in April and October.
- May, June, September: 3/2 wetsuit or a shorty
- July and August: Bug repellent, preferably waterproof.
In case of unfavorable weather condition and or insufficient wind for at least 1 hour, you will receive full refund or store credit that can be used towards the purchase of any equipment, lessons or another demo.
Please allow extra time to spend on the island and be free of any commitments for the remainder of the day until at least 7 pm as wind may not immediately cooperate.
For other information, please visit our FAQs page prior to contacting us.
* $95 deposit is applied to any new kite or board purchase from greenhatkiteboarding.com within 1 year. Only one demo deposit can be applied per purchase of one kite or board. The item has to be new and can not be a part of any other promotion or clearance sale. The deposit is only refundable in case of favorable kiting conditions for less than 1 hour.
Write Your Own Review