There are several situations that could arise which will result in full or partial cancellation of services. Here are the most common ones together with our policy for each one:
(Definitions of concepts in italic font can be found at the bottom of this page).
1. Cancellation by customer for personal reasons (sick, late, work, kids, etc.):
2. Cancellation by customer due to forecast downgrade:
3. Cancellations by Green Hat Kiteboarding due to inclement weather conditions or lack of wind:
4. All Other possible scheduled service Cancellations by Green Hat Kiteboarding:
5. Cancellations by customers for Discounted Non-scheduled / Pre-paid services:
Service – any lesson, supervision or island ride service.
Meeting time - Meeting time gets posted the night before in the description of the schedule page for the day. If meeting time has not yet been posted when cancellation is made, we default it to 12pm (noon).
Full refund - Full refund or voided transaction. If paid by coupon or gift card, that coupon or gift cards gets replenished.
Store credit - Can be used to purchase any item in our webstore (including services and used gear).
Green Hat Dollars (GHD) - Can be used to get discounts on gear. Can not be used on services. For more info: green hat dollars
WQ - wind forecasting concept that we've created to define forecasted Wind Quality. Rating is from A to F. You can see updated WQ on our " Lessons -> Schedule" page.
FC - wind forecasting concept that we've created to define our Forecast Confidence. Rating is %. You can see updates FC on our " Lessons -> Schedule" page.
Left over portion - Calculated based on the guaranteed amount of hours for specific service.