OZONE HYPERLINK V2 FOIL KITE
THE HYPERLINK V2 BRIDGES THE GAP BETWEEN INFLATABLE AND FOIL KITES, IT’S AS DYNAMIC AND ENGAGING TO RIDE AS AN INFLATABLE COMBINED WITH THE HIGH PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF A FOIL.
With unparalleled stability, lighter weight, improved handling and bar feeling the V2 design takes it to the next level. It excels on all surfaces, with our innovative valve design it can be set up for the water, snow and land, as a Closed Cell or Open Cell kite.
The Hyperlink V2 features an all-new material combination with a durable, airtight and lightweight double rip-stop for the upper and lower surfaces. The new material has a unique formulated coating to help shed water, improving flying characteristics and water re-launch. The Hyperlink V2 is durable and strong, while being as lightweight as the V1 Ultralight version.
The Hyperlink V2 is a mid aspect ratio design incorporating a minimalist bridle set up, ensuring the kite is user friendly for those taking the leap from inflatable to foil kites. Our latest bridle calculation enhances load distribution and combined with a new arc improves overall performance of the Hyperlink V2. The handling is sharper with a refined bar feeling that is closer to the feel of an inflatable kite.
Our new valve design and position with a new internal structure increases inflation efficiency. Newly designed drainage valves at both wing tips seal to keep air in, and open up when water needs to drain out.
The ability to safely self-land a kite on the snow or land is a crucial feature when adventuring the backcountry or high mountain areas. We have completely re-designed the Hyperlink V2 internal structure and inflate valves to incorporate our industry leading Internal Re-Ride Release System – the same system featured on our dedicated Snowkites.
A true multipurpose foil kite with a new feeling of freedom, the Hyperlink V2 covers almost every aspect of Kiting. Free ride, hydrofoil, boost and float, air style or unhooked, backcountry snow missions, you name it and it delivers!
Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction
World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
Designed With OZ-CAD
The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
High Performance Ultra Light Materials
All new improved Ultra Light material combination: durable, airtight, lightweight double rip-stop, with unique coatings to help shed water. Using Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases - the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
Innovative Inflate Valve
With our newly developed Inflate Valve the Hyperlink V2 can be easily converted between 4-Line Closed Cell and 5-Line Open Cell modes. The combination of our new valve design and position with a new internal structure also increases inflation efficiency.
4-line Closed Cell and 5-line Open Cell modes
- The Hyperlink comes standard in 4-Line Closed Cell Mode, utilizing our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the Quick Release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range.
- The optional 5-Line Internal Re-Ride Release System Conversion Kit is recommended for snow or land use. The Internal Re-Ride Release System de-powers the kite instantly without tangling, and falls to the ground to re-launch when ready.
L.E Profile Reinforcements
Airush Bumpers are found throughout the leading edge of the kites to reduce wear and increase durability on rough surfaces. These bumpers are key for increasing the lifespan of Airush kites.
Internal Diagonals and Straps
Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance, while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
Sheathed Bridle Lines
High quality, low stretch sheathed Dyneema bridle lines for maximum strength and performance. This is the same bridle line we have used on our Snowkite range for the past 10 years.
Waterproof deflation zipper
Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
Water Drainage Channels
An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
Comparable feeling throughout the size range
We work extensively during our R&D process on each and every kite to develop a range of sizes that feel in tune with each other.
Fool proof line connectors
Fool proof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
Two storage bag options
- Backpack: Perfect for travelling and day-to-day protection for your kite, choose the backpack for a quick and easy pack down.
- Closed Cell Compressor Bag: For a secure packing process to maintain the plastic pattern profile shape. Light weight materials, internal compression straps and a breathable mesh lining keep weight and packing size to a minimum - perfect when traveling with multiple kites.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on your control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release in 4-Line Closed Cell mode. The 5-line Open Cell mode is recommended for Snow or Land use only. The air intake valves MUST be open when using 5-line mode If the valves are not set open this will compromise the functionality of the Internal Re-ride Release System and could cause to damage to the kite. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and flying lines for twists before restart.
- Speed System and Bridle lines should be regularly checked and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. If they are worn or not to factory specification (+ or - 15mm) they must be replaced.