While designing the A-Wing, Armstrong focused on the ideal balance between power and feel while reducing leading edge flex to a minimum.
The A Wing is powerful! This is primarily because the aerofoil section has been carefully developed so meter for meter the A-Wing is one of the most powerful wings on the market.
The solid airframe of the A-Wing is the second ingredient to power and performance.
Armstrong refined the A-Wing design to be well balanced in a wide range of conditions. It is strong in terms of construction and durability but as light as possible in design for that perfect balance.
Armstrong A-Wing Construction
- The leading edge and strut have Aramid reinforced cloth on all high load and stress points.
- Internal tape reinforces all seams on the leading edge and strut.
- Double layer of Dacron and Aramid cloth reinforces the strut to leading edge connection.
- High volume inflate and deflate valves make setup and pack down a breeze. The leading edge and the strut, inflate and deflate separately.
Armstrong Wing Materials
- Leading edge and struts... Dimension Polyant Dacron (Germany)
- Sail... Teijin T9669 D3 (Japan)
*The A-Wing comes complete with Carry Bag, Wrist Leash, Repair kit, Manual and in three optimized sizes, 3.5m 4.5m and 5.5m.