2020 North Orbit Kiteboarding Kite Freeride / Big Air
Big jumps. Big hang time. Big wind range. Designed from the ground up, this kite will rocket you upwind fast, with anti-gravity boosting capabilities. Optimised for all conditions, the North Orbit is a predictable kite that can be flown in the unpredictable. Light bar pressure allows effortless and precise steering with a massive sweet spot. A stiff frame provides a stable platform to help with overpowered airs and megaloops in gusty conditions. Tested by nature and proven by our athletes.
- Phenomenal loft and hangtime Wide flat 2-stage arc supported by a reinforced exo-skeleton frame for precision boosting capabilities. The Orbit boosts and loops with ease and is guaranteed to take your breath away. The flattened 2-stage arc design enables a smooth curved efficient central region of the kite to produce power, with straighter wing tips for a more dynamic steering response. The Orbit makes the most use of its area, so it has the best hangtime and best power delivery for its size.
- Powerful 5-strut performance High performance 5-strut kite for incredible stability in a wide range of conditions. A powerful all-terrain high performance kite.
- Incredible upwind performance A reduced leading edge diameter gives the Orbit a low drag profile, making it sit further forwards in the wind window for greater power and efficiency.
- High aspect sweep design Allows more area in the center of the kite for efficiency and easy roll to relaunch.
- Controlled response Light bar pressure for effortless steering or just park and ride.
- No-pulley bridles Simplified. Less breakage. Removing the plastic pulleys from within the load-bearing part of the kite improves safety and your connection to the kite. The result is lower drag, more accuracy and a more direct feeling as the kite powers more evenly through the turn.
- Low drag bridle Spliced, pre-stretched bridle lines with less parasitic drag for greater aerodynamic performance. Our new manufacturing method to pre-load and measure the bridle lines before cutting improves accuracy and consistency. This combined with quality materials, results in reduced shrinkage, reduced elongation and improved longevity.
- Reinforced Dacron Exo-Skeleton Structure A durable frame around the perimeter of the kite made from stretch-resistant Techno Force 160gsm Dacron material. It adds durability, strength and elongation control, protecting the lighter inner main canopy body and making the kite more responsive in the steering and depower. The result is a durable kite that can hold its profile for increased performance and lift, but is also dynamic, flexible and can twist to turn.
- Profile Transition Panels We've added an extra panel that connects to the leading edge seam to ensure a precise lateral profile shape is maintained as close to the leading edge as possible, creating a smooth transition from the segmented leading edge to the curved canopy. This results in a more aerodynamic and efficient airflow and less turbulence.
- DuraLite Seam Protection Lightweight reinforcement to protect from chafing and abrasion along the struts to the leading edge. Thin foam padding is inserted underneath to form a lightweight durable buffer which lifts the kite slightly off rough surfaces, and protect the stitching along the struts and leading edge seams.
- Steering Impulse Option Bar pressure / steering impulse wing tip tuning options let you fine tune the kite to your personal preference.
- HyperFlow inflation system High volume single point inflation system with larger diameter hose for rapid inflation and deflation. Bayonet style main inflation valve compatible with most pumps. No adapter needed.
- Kevlar reinforced strut system For the most accurate and durable connection between the strut and the leading edge.
- Teijin Techno Force D2 Ripstop Fabric by Teijin. Premium high-density canopy material made in Japan, using high tenacity polyester yarn for lightness, high tearing strength and endurance. Teijin Techno Force has the highest strength to weight ratio and longest durability in the industry.