2020 Duotone Rebel Kiteboarding Kite HIGH PERFORMANCE FREERIDE / BIG AIR
The kite that redefined kiteboarding is back once again; if freeriding, big air and unreal hangtime is your goal, the Rebel is your best shot!
- Reduced Diameter Leading Edge: A thinner leading edge makes the rebel more efficient, but also allows it to twist, increasing the turning speed and making the handling very dynamic.
- Flatter Centre Shape: A new flatter profile in the centre of the kite adds power and improves the flying characteristics.
- Powerful Lift And Huge Hangtime: Perfect for freeride performance with explosive powerful lift and huge as well as long hangtime.
- Best Sheet And Go Power Development: The sheet and go handling makes a kite incredibly easy to fly.
- Biggest Windrange: The rebel can be flown in a very wide aspect of wind strengths, without changing the size.
- New Trailing Edge Design For Less Canopy Wear: A narrower trailing edge and a lighter combination of materials to reduce wear and to create a slicker kite profile.
The Rebel has been part of Duotone’s history, and it is very much part of our future. The five-strut kite is the ultimate freeride and big air weapon, perfect for cruising lagoons or for soaring through the skies. For 2020 the leading edge diameter has been reduced, this makes the kite a little faster and a lot more efficient. In addition to this, there is also a new flatter section in the middle of the canopy profile. This unique design increases the power of the kite, while the designers have ensured the legendary depower of the Rebel remains. This means the kite now has a much bigger wind range, meaning fewer kites in your quiver and more time on the water if the conditions change. The new trailing edge wave design further enhances the life span of the canopy and reduces flutter. The Rebel has excellent sheet and go capabilities, meaning you can easily dial up power at the bar. It’s a fantastic kite for progressing, as it is so forgiving, however, it is also packed with performance too. The Rebel is the kite you need when you want to send it to the moon, if you want bigger jumps from your sessions, it’s time to join the Rebellion!
- HEAVY DUTY LEADING EDGE CLOSING SEAM The leading edges of all kites are extremely durable due to a special heavy duty closing seam. The Dacron material at the leading edge is reinforced with a self sticky Insignia Tape and double stitched additionally. The Heavy Duty Leading Edge Closing Seam is resistant to very high tensions and diagonal forces.
- FUSION STRUT This construction allows for a controlled distribution of forces between strut and leading edge. Struts are 100% connected to the leading edge with a flexible Dyneema line, which promotes higher canopy tension and a clean profile.
- SELF RESCUE HANDLES The self-rescue handles on the inside of the wingtips can be easily found in case of an offshore break down. They provide a good, comfortable grip while sailing back to the shore during a self-rescue manoeuvre.
- ANTI SNAG The Anti Snag webbing is preventing the lines from tangling around the tip of the kite. Waterstarts are made easier and safety is increased.
- TRINITY TX Teijin is the world’s leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials to marine sports. The combined creative power of Duotone saw the formulation of TRINITY TX. Exclusive to Duotone, TRINITY TX is a 3x2 canopy material, which has proven to be far superior to other canopy materials in terms of durability and dynamic performance. The 3x2 yarn combination has proven to be the best solution in performance as well as durability, overall superior to any 2x2 or 4x4 yarn solutions. TRINITY TX. Made to stand the test of time.
- LOAD DISTRIBUTION PANELS As kite geometry improves, the canopy must continue to resist increasing forces. To spread these forces, Load-Distribution-Panels are used, holding the kite’s shape even under the most extreme loads. In practice this gives a smoother and more consistent performance from the kite in any riding situation.
- DOUBLE-V PIGTAILS These pigtails distribute the load of the line connections to the kite, minimizing the risk of fatigue, making the kite less prone to distortion and helps it to steer more smoothly.
- KOOK PROOF CONNECTORS The kook proof line connection points prevent accidents by guaranteeing that you cannot accidentally connect your lines incorrectly when rigging your kite.
- TRAILING EDGE FORCE CONTROL The Trailing Edge Force Control is responsible for the smooth power distribution between the different materials of the kite, forcing the tensions in the right directions. Since 2013 the waves are higher and wider to eliminate stress points between the Dacron Trailing Edge and the Trinity TX Canopy material. This change in construction reduces fluttering marks and ensures that the material is not wearing out.
- MODERN TRAILING EDGE DESIGN A narrower trailing edge with a lighter combination of materials to reduce wear and to create a slicker kite profile.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.