2016 Core GTS4
FREESTYLE NINJA - THE UNDISPUTED MEGALOOP CHAMP.
Meet the newest member of the Universal+ Series: The indomitable GTS4. Built with the same radical, 3 strut, bridled, C-kite configuration as its forerunner. But now, with more precision; a prodigious operating range; and dare we say, a little more badassery. The 4th generation of the legendary GTS series sports refinements to its Future-C shape, bridles, and construction. Refinements that make the GTS4 more powerful, precise, and responsive. On the rail. In the tube. Or in the air. Experience our interpretation of controlled aggression embodied in: Powerful, controllable, turns with a radius that extends just beyond its wingtips. Superb bar feel by virtue of its shorter Short Bridle System. And unbelievably responsive ExoTex construction. GTS4. Exactly what you would expect from CORE. And a little more.
An easy choice for unhooked freestyle, relaxed freeriding, or waves of any size. With its linear and predictable behavior, you might even think the new GTS4 is virtually connected to your cortex. Its signature turns complement any transition and gets you going when that big wave is chasing you down. Try the ultra-agile wave...unhooked...kiteloop machine soon. And unleash your inner freestyle ninja.
Type: Wave / Freestyle
Core GTS4 Key Features
- Future C-Shape
- 4-line kite
- 3 Strut Frame
- Radical Reaction Tips
- ExoTex Dacron
- CoreTex Triple Ripstop Canopy
- Ultrashort Bridle System
- User Adjustable Core Intelligent Trim System
- Speed Valve 2 / Speed Pump Inflation System
- GrinTex Reinforcement Patches in key areas
- Instant water relaunch
Who is this kite for?
Due to it’s exceptional drifting and fast turning characteristics, we highly recommend this kite for anyone serious about riding waves. It’s stability, C-shape and consistent power delivery also make it an excellent choice for anyone looking to work on their wakestyle skills.
Because of it’s light weight, we find that this kite works well for lighter to medium weight riders.
What we like about the GTS4
- Light to medium bar pressure.
- Fast turning speed.
- Drifts really well when going down the line on a wave.
- Extremely consistent power delivery through the turn.
- Aggressive and makes you push your limits.
- Brilliant bar design – simple, best swivel on the market, easy depower trim with a very helpful Velcro.
- Innovative inflation system – can use any bar without any attachments, resistance free inflation, fast deflation.
- 2 year release cycle – this allows Core to spend more time and resources on designing great quality gear as oppose to marketing and logistics. It also helps to maintain a better resale value.
What can be improved
- We feel that this kite is very close to perfection. We can not think of a single thing we would improve on this kite.
- The bar has a twist Quick Release system. Although, this is a very clean and easy system, it deviates from the standard “Push-Away” QR system of the industry.
What’s included and options
- High Quality backpack.
- Basic repair kit with some spare parts .
- High Quality Dual action pump (Optional)
- Sensor 2S (24m lines) or Sensor 2S+ (18m+4m+2m lines) bar (Optional)
- Kites: 5m, 6m, 7m, 8m, 9m, 10m, 11m, 12m, 14m, plus Light wind sizes - 15m LW, and 17m LW
- Bars: Standard one size fits all.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
Not the best choice for a free rider.
I flew the Core GTS4 12m after trying a XR4. 12m For my riding style (free-ride, jumping, and wave) I prefer the XR4. The XR4 offers lower end power with more boost also appears to work better in lighter wind. I’m sure the GTS is great in high winds for more advanced freestyle but not the best choice for a free –rider like me.
I have now just completed my 8th month of kiteboarding and I pulled off a backroll kiteloop with this kite. I don't know if I could have accomplished as much without the GTS3.
Love the kite so much got a quiver of it.
Contrary to other reviews I think the 7M is the least fun because strong winds can be really gusty and you really feel it in this kite. Plus the landings are harder.
The 13M is absolutely fun.
You can do freestyle in low winds. Plus my first backroll kiteloops were on the 13M. (with decent height. At age 46 after only 8 months of kiting.)
Got 7, 9, 11, 13 and am eyeing the 17M for freestyle practice in buttery flat low winds.
I think perfect for an old man to ease into freestyle. Show young kids without guts mowing the sea in light winds, things an old man can do with the right aggressive gear.
Watch out otherwise I'll poke you with my cane!
new favorite kite
Over the last years my quiver has been getting bigger and bigger as I need a kite for wake style, surfing and now foiling. It was getting a little ridiculous. The Core GTS3 has given me the ability to have a kite that is great in wake style riding (on one setting) and fantastic in the surf (with another setting. The settings are easy enough to change on the wingtip as you are rigging the kite. Due to the C profile the kite does not have a ton of low end but if you are not worried about super light wind and want a very versatile kite then this would be a good choice. The Core GTS3 is one of the fastest looping kites I have flown and compares to an Ozone Reo. The jump is ok and standard for the market. It jumps much better then a pure surf kite but not as good as the Core XR3.
I upgraded my bar to the big chicken loop for ease of un-hooked tricks (and hooking back in). the bar is unique, light and super simple.
I like this kite so much that i got a 8,10 and 12!!
This kite is great, very refined and smooth kite with great hang time and lift. But the best part of this kite is the loops. While it doesn't have the greatest low end, it excels in the loops which is what i wanted and is my new favorite kite in the surf cause i like a kite that has a constant pull in the waves, no on and off feeling.
I did demo a 13m and found it not as fun, so i would suggest any size bigger than 12m i would go with an xr3 or another kite with more low end....
However when the surf is pumping or the wind is up, this is the kite to have
Write Your Own Review