2019 Cabrinha Drifter
The 2019 Cabrinha Drifter is one of the most popular wave kites on the market. However, the increasing popularity of foilboarding has given the Cabrinha Drifter another purpose -- it's a great choice for foilers who want the kite's drift ability that makes it such a great surf kite. The kite has a fast turn speed and can dump power instantly and float in the sky when you ride towards it.
IN CABRINHA'S WORDS...
Specifically designed for kitesurfing in waves and strapless surf freestyle.
One of the most interesting things about the Drifter is its ability to engage and disengage its power on command. While catching a wave you want all the power you need but while surfing, you often want the kite to completely disappear while you surf on your own power. Its in this moment of pure surfing where you want a kite that ‘drifts’ down the line with you in a stable and predictable way. We dubbed this phenomenon Drift Stability and it is the crucial ingredient in a performance surf kite. This is why the Drifter has no equal.
Key Features of The 2019 Cabrinha Drifter:
- Pure Profile Panels
- High Tenacity Dacron for enhanced arc stability
- Refined profiles, arc and outline for superior power delivery
- Light bar pressure with direct and responsive steering
- Great "pop" for strapless freestyle tricks
- Best slack line drift on the market
- Excellent for surf freestyle
- Exclusive onshore and offshore tuning options
- Quick power and depower response
- Unrivaled steering while depowered
- Amazing relaunch
- Quick kite acceleration and deceleration
- Increased canopy reinforcements in the high stress areas
For more information on this kite, check out this overview from The Kiteboarder Magazine or see our video below with Cabrinha rider, Evan Netsch.
2019 Cabrinha Control Bars
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
Great wave kite for strapless riding
I am new to riding a strapless surfboard, and I love the Drifter. I tried the kite alongside 3 other wave kites, and it was definitely my favorite. The kite has great drift for riding in waves. If you out run the kite in a turn, it hangs in the sky without the threat of falling. I've started foiling and it's a great kite for foiling for the same reasons! It's a graceful kite, and it's super easy to handle and steer. It has a very fast turning speed and a lot of power, without being grunty. If you're looking for a good wave/foil kite, I definitely recommend the Drifter.
Write Your Own Review