2019 Duotone Rebel
Designed by legend Ken Winner, the 2019 Duotone Rebel is the THE classic freeride kite. Known and loved for its legendary performance, big air superiority and a stunning hang time, this 2019 Rebel builds upon the 2018 model’s success with enhancements that result in better handling and boosting capabilities. The thinner leading edge makes the new Duotone Rebel more efficient, but also allows it to twist, increasing the turning speed and making the handling very dynamic. The new flatter profile in the centre of the kite adds power and improves the flying characteristics. Even more important for performance, the kite now jumps higher and floats for longer, making massive airs even easier! The kite can be flown in the standard 4 line set up, but there is a 5th line upgrade available as well, and both configurations work perfectly with the Click Bar. The 2019 Duotone Rebel has a huge wind range. There is plenty of low-end and high-end power, and the 5-strut design keeps the canopy stable even in gusty conditions. The kite’s sheet and go handling makes it incredibly easy to fly, so it’s suitable for every level of kiter. This iconic kite has long been the freeride standard all other kites try to emulate, now the bar is set even higher, the new 2019 Rebel will blow you away.
Reviewers with The Kiteboarder Magazine loved the previous model Rebel and said the following about the kite: “Love the 4-line simplicity with the Rebel performance characteristics! This is the same upwind boosting machine, a little more stable than last year’s version, and might sit a bit deeper in the window. Great performance freeride kite!”
Duotone tells us that the 2019 Rebel is even better!
Key Features for the 2019 Duotone Rebel
- Reduced diameter leading edge - A thinner leading edge makes the rebel more efficient, but also allows it to twist, increasing the turning speed and making the handling very dynamic.
- Flatter centre shape - A new flatter profile in the centre of the kite adds power and improves the flying characteristics.
- Powerful lift and huge hangtime - Perfect for freeride performance with explosive powerful lift and huge as well as long hangtime.
- Best sheet and go power development - The sheet and go handling makes a kite incredibly easy to fly.
- Biggest windrange - The rebel can be flown in a very wide aspect of wind strengths, without changing the size.
- 4 and 5 line setup - You can choose the best setup, depending on your preference and riding style. The 5th line makes it easier to relaunch.
2019 Duotone Control Bars
2019 Duotone Mini Click Bar
Duotone introduces the new 2019 Duotone Mini Click Bar. The Duotone Click Bar revolutionized how control their kites, and now the bar is available in a narrower version. The bar is only 42cm wide and a line length of 20m plus 2m extensions. This is a great bar for people with shorter arms, as described in our blog post here./p>
2019 Duotone Click Bar
The unique Trim Unit of the Click Bar enables you to power and depower in precise steps at the flick of a switch. To power up your kite, turn the Winder clockwise – this shortens the length of your backlines with every half turn. To depower the kite, simply push the button in the middle of the Winder and your backlines will lengthen again with every click. This is a great bar for people with shorter arms, as described in our blog post here./p>
2019 Duotone Trust Bar
Duotone Trust Bar is equipped with superior functionality that makes it one of the best 4 line bars on the market. The chicken loops come in four different options, now additionally offered is a Quick Release Wakestyle Kit.
Write Your Own Review