Lessons and Island Rides are not offered at this time. We are currently discussing what precautionary measures we can take to ensure the safety and health of our customers and instructors if we choose to reopen our lessons and island rides this season. As of right now we do not have an ETA for the reopening of these services.
There are several situations that could arise which will result in full or partial cancellation of services. Here are the most common ones together with our policy for each one:
(Definitions of concepts in italic font can be found at the bottom of this page).
1. Cancellation by customer for personal reasons (sick, late, work, kids, etc.):
- Within 3 hours of reservation and more than 24 hours before meeting time – full refund or store credit
- After 3 hours of reservation and more than 24 hours before meeting time – store credit
- Less than 24 hours before meeting time, but more than 12 hours before meeting time – 50% store credit, 50% GHDs
- Less than 12 hours before meeting time – 100% GHDs
- No shows without contacting us – no refund, store credit, or GHDs
- During the lesson for personal reasons (tired, work, etc.) - no refund, store credit, or GHDs
- During the lesson due to injury that happened during the lesson (stepped on a shell, muscle sprain, etc.) - store credit for the left over portion of the lesson.
2. Cancellation by customer due to forecast downgrade:
- WQ downgrade by 1 grade or less and FC downgrade by less than 20% - see #1
- WQ downgrade by more than 1 grade and/or FC downgrade by 20% or more - store credit
3. Cancellations by Green Hat Kiteboarding due to inclement weather conditions or lack of wind:
- Before meeting time - customer’s choice of refund or store credit
- After the meeting time, but before loading the boat and coming to Kite Island – store credit
- After loading the boat and coming to Kite Island – 75% store credit, 25% GHDs
- In the middle of the service due to no wind or inclement weather conditions – store credit for the left over portion of the service
4. All Other possible scheduled service Cancellations by Green Hat Kiteboarding:
- Significant downgrade in forecast – customer’s choice of refund or store credit
- Overbooking - customer’s choice of refund or store credit
5. Cancellations by customers for Discounted Non-scheduled / Pre-paid services:
- Discounted Pre-paid services are not refundable and they expire in 1 year after purchase.
- Less than 1 year after purchase - paid amount can be converted to full store credit.
- More than 1 year after purchase - paid amount can be converted to GHDs.
- If services were partially used, full price of the used services will be subtracted from the store credit or GHDs.
Service – any lesson, supervision or island ride service.
Meeting time - Meeting time gets posted the night before in the description of the schedule page for the day. If meeting time has not yet been posted when cancellation is made, we default it to 12pm (noon).
Full refund - Full refund or voided transaction. If paid by coupon or gift card, that coupon or gift cards gets replenished.
Store credit - Can be used to purchase any item in our webstore (including services and used gear)
WQ - wind forecasting concept that we've created to define forecasted Wind Quality. Rating is from A to F. You can see updated WQ on our " Lessons -> Schedule" page.
FC - wind forecasting concept that we've created to define our Forecast Confidence. Rating is %. You can see updates FC on our " Lessons -> Schedule" page.
Left over portion - Calculated based on the guaranteed amount of hours for specific service.